Salkantay Trek Short 4D/3N
Day 1: Cusco Hotel – Mollepata – Cruzpata – Sayllapata – Soraypamapa.
Day 2: Soraypmapa – Soyroccocha – Salkantay Pass – HuayracPunku – Chaullay
Day 3: Chaullay – Collpapampa – La Playa(sahuayaco) – Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes. Day
4: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco Hotel.
Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Sayllpata – Soraypampa.
We will leave from Cusco approximately between 4:30a.m. and 5:00a.m. A local bus will take us to the town of Mollepata (2900 meters above sea level) where we will arrive approximately at 8:15 in the morning to have breakfast. During the trip we will have panoramic views of the majestic Salkantay, other mountains covered with snow, and the Valley of Apurimac River. We will meet with our support staff, and they will load the equipment on horses and mules. Around 9:00 a.m., we will begin our walk toward Sayllapata (3200 meters above sea level). About 1:00p.m., we will have a Peruvian lunch. After lunch, we will continue hiking toward the Soraypampa villages (3850 meters above sea level). Around 5:30 in the afternoon we will arrive to our camp where the tents will be ready for you as well as your dinner.
Day 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Huayracpunku – Chaullay.
After an early breakfast we start trekking from Soraypampa approx 7:30 a.m we continue our hiking the Peruvian highland. From this point we can appreciate the spectacular views of the Mountain Salkantay, a stunning snow capped mountain (6,264 m) the second highest peak in Cusco’s region, and also the mountains Humantay and Huayanay, white river, small lakes and moraines. At our lunch spot after a five-hour walk, Pass dowhill to lunch in Huayracpunku, and then a further 2-3 hours downhill walk to Camp at Collpapampa 2,920 m.
Day 3: Chaullay – Santa Teresa – Aguas calientes.
Around 5:00a.m., we will start our trek and we will enjoy the beautiful sunrise. We will walk for about 5 hours toward Playa Sahuayaco and during this period; we will observe a town called Collpabamba, also called the “Forest Cloudy Brow” where waterfalls, fruit-bearing trees, varied flora, and birds can be observed. salcantay pass river crossingIf we are lucky, we will be able to observe the famous bird called the “Cock of the Rocks’. Once at Playa Sahuayaco, we will take a local bus to drive us to the hydroelectric train station. At around 1:30p.m., we will have our lunch at the hydroelectric. At 3:20p.m., here we have 2 options if you want you can go walking until Aguas Calientes or if you want you can take a train from the hydroelectric to the town of Aguas Calientes (2000 meters above sea level). Here, you have the option of going to the thermal hot springs. We will have dinner at 7:00p.m. and accommodation at the hotel..
Day 4:MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
Today, you will be able to choose between waking up at 4:30a.m. and walking up to Machu Picchu or taking a bus to Machu Picchu at 5:25a.m. In Machu Picchu, you will have a guided tour for about two hours and after that you will be free to explore the Citadel and take pictures, or if you desire, ascent toward the Huaynapicchu Mountain. At 18:45p.m. you will be taking a train to Ollantaytambo and from there; a bus will drive you to your hotel in Cusco.
Included / No included
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- briefing By willka travel guide
- pick up from your hotel and bus to challacancha.
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks.
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 13 people)
- Chef and cooking equipment.
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes or Machupicchu can be Upgrade
- 1 Bag or daffor bag where you can out maximum of 6kg per person (including sleeping pad and sleeping bag) – days 1 to 3(we are going to carry in our horses)
- Meals (03B, 03L, 03D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day). Vegetarian or special menus are available.
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Machupicchu entrance fee
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco(Expedition Service).
- Transfer train station-hotel in Cusco
- T-shirt Machupicchu 2016
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Sleeping bag rent: US$ 5 per day. Our sleeping bags are –20ºC-comfort (0ºF) and mummy form and include a sleeping liner.
- Lunch on the last day after the guided tour at Machu Picchu
- Entrance to the Hot Springs in Cocalmayo and Aguas Calientes
- Optional night in Aguas Calientes can be arranged easily.
- Alcoholic drinks
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu 25USD or Wayna Picchu 20USD
Cancellations regarding the company determines the amount to be deducted by the various expenses incurred in case of cancellation will be deducted as follows:
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be submitted by email and include all relevant information and will be answered within before 48 hours.
If a cancellation is received until and including 45 days before the date of arrival in Peru, the total payment will be refunded in full, minus the full administrative costs. (25% of the contract price)
- Cancellations 30 – 20 days before departure you have pay the 50% of the total expenses
- Cancellations 20 – 10 days before the departure you have pay the 60% of the total expenses
- In case of No – Show or cancellations 6-1 days before days before the start of your trip there will be no refund. you will be required to pay 100% of the total cost.
Itineraries may suffer, for technical reasons of force majeure beyond the control of the operator change without notice.
Mapi Travel Agency E.I.R.L. It is a direct operator of differents excursions detailed on our website but acts as an intermediary between the user and the different companies whose services are used in the lodgings, airlines, restaurants, transport or other, having no responsibility for the shortcomings, delays, theft, accident or other damages that passengers have third-party services. Our company may change the order of the tour of tours, whenever deemed strictly necessary for security or better success of the service, without removing any services unless the weather or passenger safety (strikes, fires) conditions do not permit. Mapi Travel Agency E.i.r.l will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the passenger as a result of the above causes.
We ask you to report before hiring our services, about any limitation of this nature, in order to recommend the special services.
All our transportation have travel insurance.
PRICE IN A GROUP SERVICE: 520 USD
To confirm the reservation, it is necessary to make an advance payment of 50% of the total amount of your tour. This payment can be made through Wester Union (4.5% fee), VISA card (6% fee) or Paypal (8.6% fee). The rest must be paid in our office in Cusco, in american dollars or peruvian soles, in cash only.