SALKANTAY TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 5D/4N
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – CHALLACANCHA – SORAYPAMPA
We will leave from Cusco approximately between 4:30a.m. and 5:00a.m. A local bus will take us to the town of Mollepata (2900 meters above sea level), where we will arrive approximately at 8:15 in the morning to have breakfast. During the trip we will have panoramic views of the majestic Salkantay, other mountains covered with snow and the Valley of Apurimac-River. We will meet with our support staff and they will load the equipment on horses and mules. Around 9:00 a.m., we will begin our walk toward mollepata (3200 meters above sea level). About 1:00p.m., we will have a peruvian lunch there . After lunch we will have the opportunity to go to Humantay lake ir have free afternoon here the tents will be ready for you as well as your dinner.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS – HUAYRACPUNKU – CHAULLAY
After an early breakfast we start trekking from Soraypampa approx 7:30 am, we continue our hiking the peruvian highland. From this point we can appreciate the spectacular views of the mountain Salkantay, a stunning snow capped mountain (6,264 m), the second highest peak in Cusco’s region and also the mountains Humantay and Huayanay, white river, small lakes and moraines. At our lunch spot after a five-hour walk, pass downhill to lunch in Huayracpunku and then a further 2-3 hours downhill walk to Camp at Chayway.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – COLLPAPAMPA – LA PLAYA – SANTA TERESA (COCALMAYO HOT SPRING)
Around 7:00a.m. we will start our trek. We will walk for about 6 hours toward Playa Sahuayaco and during this period we will observe a town called Collpabamba, also called the “Forest Cloudy Brow”, where waterfalls, thermal hot springs, fruit-bearing trees, varied flora, and birds can be observed. If we are lucky, we will be able to observe the famous bird called the “Cock of the Rocks”. From Playa Sahuayaco, we will head to the campsite located at the hot springs of Santa Teresa (it is recommended to bring a bath suit). Here you will have dinner.
DAY 4: SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRYC – AGUAS CALIENTES
After our delicious breakfast we are starting our walk around 8:30 am. We begin our trek to the village Colpani, following this rising trail, from which we will see plantations of coffee, banana, passion fruit and a lovely view of the Santa Teresa Valley. We follow along the riverside of Vilcanota-River until arrive to the Oroya (canopy brich). From here we have an option to hike to hidroelectrica or to catch a small car, that will take us to Hidroelectrica (25 minutes). From this place we can observe the back of Machu Picchu Sanctuary. We have the last lunch with all staff. then we will continue walking until Aguas Calientesaround 4:30 pm. Here we will stay in a hostal the last night.
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
Today you will be able to choose between waking up at 4:30 am. and walk up to Machu Picchu or taking a bus to Machu Picchu at 5:25a.m. In Machu Picchu, you will have a guided tour for about two hours and after that, you will be free to explore the citadel and take pictures. Or if you desire, ascent toward theHuaynapicchu mountain. At 18:45 pm. you will take a train to Ollantaytambo and from there a bus will bring you to your hotel in Cusco.
Incluye / No Incluye
INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED:
- Pre-departure briefing by our guide.
- Pock up from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transportation to Mollepata (starting point of the trek)
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide Chef and cooking equipment.
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment) – days 1 to 3
- 1 bag or daffor bag, where you can pit maximum of 6kg per person (including sleeping bag ) – days 1 to 3 (carry by our horses)
- 1 emergency horse for every 8 persons – days 1 to 3
- Meals (4B, 4L, 4D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day), vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Machu Picchu entrance fee
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco (expedition service)
- Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Sleeping bag rent: US$ 4 per day. Our sleeping bags are – 20ºC-comfort (0ºF)
- Lunch on the last day after the guided tour at Machu Picchu
- Entrance to the hot springs in Cocalmayo and Aguas Calientes
- Optional night in Aguas Calientes can be arranged easily
- Alcoholic drinks
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu ( 25 USD)
WE SUGGEST TO BRING:
- Original Passport or ID
- Strong walking shoes or tennis shoes
- Sweater and thick jacket
- Hat or cap
- Just one bottle of water
- A good rain coat
- Long sleeve shirts
- Long and short pants
- Insect repellent
- A sunblock with a forty degrees UV
- Toilet paper
- Personal snacks
- Lantern / flashlight
- Sunglasses, plastic bags
- Personal medications.
- Personal towel, sandals
- A lightweight backpack per person
- Camera and charger
- Extra money (preferably soles)
If you wish to visit the Holy Valley and cusco city, it is better to buy the 10 day tourist card for 130 Soles. You have in Cusco also access to other attractions and museums.
MACHU PICCHU The climb to the Sun Gate is always available and free. This is a nice place with a view of Machu Picchu.
If you prefer HUAYNAPICCHU with its dramatic views, this must be booked in advance and costs 25 dollars per person. The climb takes 1 hour and is moderately difficult. The other option is the MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN, 1 hour and 30 min hours steep climb, very demanding and $ 20 per person. This is probably the most spectacular of all views, but all three options are very nice and will allow you to make very good photos.
CUSCO As the weather is very cold and damp, your clothes, even wet, will not dry at night. Therefore bring enough spare clothes.
The rainy season lasts from December to March. On some days the sky is still blue and allows a nice bike ride. The after rainy season lasts from April to June. The mountains are completely covered with snow and the landscape presents itself in fresh green for beautiful photos. From July to November the weather is mostly sunny.
Cancellations regarding the company determines the amount to be deducted by the various expenses incurred in case of cancellation will be deducted as follows:
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be submitted by email and include all relevant information and will be answered within before 48 hours.
If a cancellation is received until and including 45 days before the date of arrival in Peru, the total payment will be refunded in full, minus the full administrative costs. (25% of the contract price)
- Cancellations 30 – 20 days before departure you have pay the 50% of the total expenses
- Cancellations 20 – 10 days before the departure you have pay the 60% of the total expenses
- In case of No – Show or cancellations 6-1 days before days before the start of your trip there will be no refund. you will be required to pay 100% of the total cost.
Itineraries may suffer, for technical reasons of force majeure beyond the control of the operator change without notice.
Mapi Travel Agency E.I.R.L. It is a direct operator of differents excursions detailed on our website but acts as an intermediary between the user and the different companies whose services are used in the lodgings, airlines, restaurants, transport or other, having no responsibility for the shortcomings, delays, theft, accident or other damages that passengers have third-party services. Our company may change the order of the tour of tours, whenever deemed strictly necessary for security or better success of the service, without removing any services unless the weather or passenger safety (strikes, fires) conditions do not permit. Mapi Travel Agency E.i.r.l will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the passenger as a result of the above causes.
We ask you to report before hiring our services, about any limitation of this nature, in order to recommend the special services.
All our transportation have travel insurance.
PRICE REDUCTION / SPECIAL PRICES:
Groups of more than 5 people Students with a valid international student card on presentation of the card at time of booking Children under 17 on presentation of their identity card or passport at time of booking
The group is normally 8 people with one professional guide and maximum 13 people with 2 professional guides, registered from the ministry of culture Cusco.
PRICE: 370 DOLLARS IN A GROUP
To confirm the reservation, it is necessary to make an advance payment of 50% of the total amount of your tour. This payment can be made through Wester Union (4.5% fee), VISA card (6% fee) or Paypal (8.6% fee). The rest must be paid in our office in Cusco, in american dollars or peruvian soles, in cash only.