Urubamba River Rafting Full Day
The Urubamba river runs from the high Andean ranges down through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, past Machupicchu and into the jungle. The Urubamba is divided into Upper Urubamba and Lower Urubamba, the dividing feature being the Pongo de Mainique, a whitewater canyon that opens into the Amazon plain.
It has some exciting white water depending on the section of the river being done and the time of the year. One of our most popular rafting sections during the season is the “Chuquicahuna- (CHUQUI)” section of the river on the Upper Urubamba. There are good class IIl rapids and the water is not contaminated, as unfortunately the Sacred Valley of the Incas sections of the river is. This section is perfect for one day tours, with nice class II, III and III+ rapids. Excellent scenic riverside view with big eucalyptus trees, beautiful flowers
We pick you up at your hotel , after one and a half hours drive we arrive to the put -in at the shores of the Upper Urubamba River, at ” CUSIPATA RIVER CAMP” , our private campground. Our professional Rafting Guides will give you a safety talk and provide you with all the proper equipment for Rafting. We would be floating for approximately two and a half hours, running class II and III rapids. During the rainy season Dec. to early March , the rapids can be class IV and IV plus.
Afterwards , we arrive to the take-out at “CUSIPATA RIVER CAMP”, where a hot Sauna and hot showers will be waiting , also a full course lunch will be provided. As an option can do ZIP-LINE over 4 cables across the river. Our return to Cusco should be around 5 in the afternoon. That evening you can look at the pictures of your trip at our office.
Included / No included
- Transportation from Cusco to the put-in at the River
- All the rafting equipment, such as Helmet , Life jacket, paddle, self bailing Raft
- Spray Jacket, wet Suit , Safety kayaker.
- Professional English speaking Rafting guide
- Delicious lunch
- Transportation back from the River
- Tents with Mattresses
- Thatched roof for the tents
- Sauna and Hot tub facilities
- Hot showers, toilets, fire place
- We have a socializing area
YOU SHOULD TO BRING:
- a Swimming suit
- A complete set of dry cllothing
- a pair of sandals or tennis shoes for the river that will wet
- sun block
- a small towel
- a bathing suit to wer under the wet suit
- A good possitive mental aptitude
Cancellations regarding the company determines the amount to be deducted by the various expenses incurred in case of cancellation will be deducted as follows:
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be submitted by email and include all relevant information and will be answered within before 48 hours.
If a cancellation is received until and including 45 days before the date of arrival in Peru, the total payment will be refunded in full, minus the full administrative costs. (25% of the contract price)
- Cancellations 30 – 20 days before departure you have pay the 50% of the total expenses
- Cancellations 20 – 10 days before the departure you have pay the 60% of the total expenses
- In case of No – Show or cancellations 6-1 days before days before the start of your trip there will be no refund. you will be required to pay 100% of the total cost.
Itineraries may suffer, for technical reasons of force majeure beyond the control of the operator change without notice.
Mapi Travel Agency E.I.R.L. It is a direct operator of differents excursions detailed on our website but acts as an intermediary between the user and the different companies whose services are used in the lodgings, airlines, restaurants, transport or other, having no responsibility for the shortcomings, delays, theft, accident or other damages that passengers have third-party services. Our company may change the order of the tour of tours, whenever deemed strictly necessary for security or better success of the service, without removing any services unless the weather or passenger safety (strikes, fires) conditions do not permit. Mapi Travel Agency E.i.r.l will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the passenger as a result of the above causes.
We ask you to report before hiring our services, about any limitation of this nature, in order to recommend the special services.
All our transportation have travel insurance.